Warning: This article is publicly viewable.
As of the Apocrypha expansion all characters start with the same attributes and skillpoints, the following changes were also made:
- New characters now train at double speed until they reach 1.6 million skill points.
- New characters are provided with two Neural Remaps (Restats), after using both a restat will not be available until one year after their expenditure, these allow you to pick your initial attributes to match a chosen profession.
- All races now start with the same basic skillset which is supplemented by level 2 in their racial frigate and level 3 in their corresponding small turret skill.
- Bloodlines and Careers no longer provide any bonus to attributes or skills and are now treated as facial variations and flavor text respectively.
Because of this it is recommended that you choose a character that you like the look of, regardless of race or bloodline - and pick any career. It takes a very short amount of time to train another race's frigate and small turret skills to the same levels.
Base Skills and Attributes
Attributes govern the speed at which skills using them train, the higher an attribute, the less time a skill requiring it takes to finish.
All characters start with the following Attributes:
- Intelligence: 8
- Perception: 8
- Charisma: 7
- Willpower: 8
- Memory: 8
In addition, the following skills are provided to every character:
- Electronics: 3
- Engineering: 3
- Shield Operation: 2
- Gunnery: 2
- Mining: 2
- Mechanic: 2
- Navigation: 3
- Science: 3
- Spaceship Command: 3
Choosing the Amarr race will provide your character with these additional skills.
- Small Energy Turret: 3
- Amarr Frigate: 2
Choosing the Caldari race will provide your character with these additional skills.
- Small Hybrid Turret: 3
- Caldari Frigate: 2
Choosing the Gallente race will provide your character with these additional skills.
- Small Hybrid Turret: 3
- Gallente Frigate: 2
Choosing the Minmatar race will provide your character with these additional skills.
- Small Projectile Turret: 3
- Minmatar Frigate: 2
As your character starts with two Neural Remaps it is recommended that you use one of them early on to assist with skill training. Where you put your points will depend on what the majority of skills you intend to train will be.
- Combat pilots: Most will want to move all of their points into Perception and Intelligence, for piloting/gunnery and ship support skills respectively.
- Miners and producers: You may wish to focus on Memory and Perception for industry and ship piloting skills.
- Traders: You may want to focus on Charisma and Perception, which govern trading and ship piloting skills.
Primary attributes for skills
|Governed by Intelligence
||Governed by Perception
||Governed by Charisma
||Governed by Willpower
||Governed by Memory
- Missile Launcher Operation
- Tech I Spaceship Command skills
- Tech II Spaceship Command skills
- Corporation Management
- Initial Learning skills
Copyright Notice & Attribution Request
We at GoonSwarm hope these articles can help every new Eve player. However, if you copy them for use elsewhere, please credit this source. We update these pages regularly and want everyone to have the benefit of our most current analysis. Thanks.